Thursday 6 December 2012


Well, here goes nothing, or something, not really sure. My first blog post ever. Take the leap and the net will appear is what they say…whatever people, this is a bit frightening. What if everybody reads it, what if nobody does? No matter, it's been something I've been thinking about for awhile, so here goes. (A big thanks to all those who've taken the leap before me and inspired me to do this)

Next question, where do I begin? Start at the beginning with gory details of my birth and childhood, or just pick a moment in time and start there?

No idea, just feeling the urge to write or type as it were. Not about anything in particular, maybe a rant here and there, probably just daily musings of my life.

So, who am I you ask? Nothing spectacular, just a married mother of one 2 legged kid and one fur kid. I turned 40 earlier this year, maybe its some midlife crisis creeping in that compels me to share my thoughts so the 8 billion people in the world can see it? Maybe it's because I just like to write and this seems a good outlet, even if I'm the only one to read it. I still have my Grade 8 creative writing note book as evidence of my love for the written word. Should share some of those literary gems later on this blog…I was a weird kid.

OK, more about me…I live in Canada, the Southern Ontario part for those of you familiar with the country. So maybe some perspective on things uniquely Canadian coming your way in the next bit. I've been married to my best friend for 5+ years and we have a cool daughter who will shortly be 2 and a half years old. We'll call them Big C and Miss K in the future. We also have a black lab that is my constant shadow, unless it involves hunting or training for retriever trials, in which case she diligently follows my husband around. 

My husband and I both work full time, which leads to a crazy around the house schedule and clutter and dust and dirt that drive me insane, but I'm learning to let some of that go. We golf and ski, though notably less of that goes on since our daughter was born. Big C is an outdoorsman through and through, loves the hunting and fishing thing, and though I love the outdoors convincing me to get up at ungodly hours to go shoot something has not yet happened. I can be convinced to fish on occasion, but reading a book in the boat would be time better spent I think.

Life is chaotic and fun, miserable and hard. Just life really, we have it better than most and for that I'm grateful. Every single day, just grateful, to have what we do, to be in a country that is peaceful, with enough to eat, a home and people around us to care and support what we do.

This is a good spot to leave off for today…with the thought of being grateful and appreciating what you have, not what you don't

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment