Wednesday 10 September 2014

Life Principles

I've been thinking a lot lately about my principles and what is important to me. 

Mostly because of the rocky road Big C and I are travelling right now, but also because of Miss K starting school, our move and a host of other influencers.

One of my big ones is practice what you preach or in my case actions speak louder than words.

I've never been one for preaching anything. I don't like to extoll my virtues or my faults to anyone at any time. And I place little faith in people's words unless they back 'em up with suitable actions.

That's one of my big life principles, don't just say it, do it, or live it whatever the case may be.

Follow through on what you say if you say anything at all or just lead by example.

Life has taught me that quite often words are just that, words. People don't back them up, or they say things because they think its what you want to hear.

I'm not bitter or cynical. Yes, I've been burned sometimes but not so much as to be scarred by it. 

Truthfully, I like to believe that people are going to follow through on what they say and have learned over the years to surround myself with people who actually do follow through and live up to their values and morals.

I guess where i'm coming from is that words are easy to say. A person can easily say "I love you" or I support you, or I will do that for you or any number of hollow promises because its easy to say. 

I can walk up to a complete stranger and tell them that I love them, but is there anything to back it up, any actions/proof/follow through on my words? Likely not.

I prefer to not say as much and live my feelings, live my morals and keep my integrity rather than dish out a bunch of false promises.

I tend to do the things that show how I feel, not say how I feel. 

It lands me in some trouble from time to time, because there are times that words do need to be said, but I still feel it's just words, unless I'm doing something to follow through on my words then they're just hollow empty shells of feelings I don't have.

I do love Big C. I love him with all my heart and soul. He is one of the best things that ever happened in my life, next to Miss K, but without him, that wouldn't have happened either.

It's for these 2 people in my life that I am even more incensed to live by this principle. They deserve nothing less.

With Big C starting his new temporary position that will take him away from home even more it is really hard to spend a ton of quality time with Miss K. There's supper to make, clean up, the dog, the every day household chores etc…but I'm going to make sure that she knows that she matters. 

It might just be taking 5 minutes to sit with her and watch TV and have a snack before starting supper,  it might be helping her with a craft, I don't know what it will be but I'm going to do it, she matters and she deserves to know that she matters.

Its the same with Big C. Perhaps my words and actions aren't really hitting home with him right now, but I'm still going to keep plugging away. I won't sacrifice my health or well being, but will do all in my power to make him feel loved and supported.

I want to lead by example, be strong and caring and genuine. 

It's always been a driving force in my life, hopefully it's enough


Til next time, think about the things that are most important in your personality

No comments:

Post a Comment