Wednesday 14 May 2014

Sleep. It does a body good.


Just over a week to M-Day. That is moving day for those of you who don't know.

Moving all our crap out of a house we've been in for about 7 years. Actually, not moving all the crap, we have to move some of it this weekend to our "in between house" where we're going to live for 5 weeks.

It's good we have a place to live while we have no fixed address, but sucks kind of living in limbo for that long.

I keep having sporadic panic attacks that we don't have enough packed, or we have too much or something along those lines. 

The mental and physical lists of what we need for the in between place and what we really don't need are piling up everywhere.

My head hurts just thinking about everything. 

At least I'm sleeping better. I was sure that a truck hit me last week. It sure felt like it.

I'd had one night of Big C being away and sleeping with one ear open, not to mention a brain in overdrive thinking all sorts of crazy moving stuff.

Then one night it was Miss K with the shriek that would peel paint off the wall about 2 am. Heart rate goes from 50 beats per minute to 250 beats per minute in about 1 second. Took forever to calm her down and us too.

The next night Miss K was complaining of a sore ear that no amount of drugs seemed to soothe. Then she upchucked at about 3 in the morning and that ended that night of sleep.

The next night was waiting at the local emergency room to have Miss K's ear looked at. Home for supper at 9 pm, bed about 11 or so. Thankfully no serious ear infection, we didn't even end up filling the script for antibiotics.

I believe there was one normal night of slumber, then we moved to Big C being up in the middle of the night retching up his guts. He'd caught whatever stomach bug ailed Miss K for 24 hours. 

If the screams from Miss K tops the list of sounds in the night I hate the most, Big C puking up his innards would be a close second. Both are the most ungodly noises you'd ever want to hear.

So that was a fun week of about 5 hours of sleep a night. I shouldn't complain, I wasn't sick, my mom superpowers shielded me from whatever nasty bug was going around and so far I've still not succumbed. But a human body really needs more sleep than that, especially one that is supposed to care for these sick and ailing people plus pack boxes and do laundry and stuff, I need more rest.

I think I've had 3 decent nights of sleep and let me tell you it does wonders for a person. I can think clearly, I don't have the sense that I've really really fucked something up along the way and I don't feel like I've been run over by a freight train. It's a good feeling.

So, we're into the home stretch for leaving our house. I'm not sure if I'm going to be emotional or not about leaving. It's probably good that its a quick transition to something different. Already it feels different, no pictures on the walls, boxes and crap everywhere. 

I will miss it, but it's just a shell for all the memories. Our mudpuppy has been gone for almost a year now, I'm thinking it might be good that we're not there on the anniversary, might make it a little easier without the visual reminders.

We'll carry on, the in between house will be just that, a quick transitional place to lay our head for a while and an interesting story years down the road.

It should all be good, as long as there's a few good nights sleep in there

Til next time…wish me luck that i don't pack anything that I actually do need over the course of 6 "gypsy" weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment