Wednesday 21 October 2015

Wiggly teeth and sad things

I feel a little sad today.

The gloomy weather isn't helping, I don't think I could live in England if its overcast and drizzly a lot of the time. That would royally suck…no offense to the queen…

Big C leaves tomorrow for his annual moose hunt. He is usually gone on the Thanksgiving weekend, so in that respect it was nice to have him home for the holiday. But it means 7 or 8 days of just me and the kid and fur kid. 

All will be well. We can handle it of course, it just sucks. I will miss him, Miss K will miss him and even the dog will miss him. And we cannot talk or Skype with him as he is off the grid so to speak.

As of about 9 am Friday morning we will not hear from him for 5 or so days and that plain takes a toll on everyone.

But we'll manage, its a temporary thing. Not like he's going to fight a war in some country, or taking off to climb a mountain and we don't know if he will ever come home.

On a lighter note, but still something that makes me sad is that Miss K has a wiggly tooth.

She was fired up this morning when she came into our bathroom to show us that indeed the bottom tooth was moving back and forth.

I'm excited for her as its a big step toward being a big kid, and she is excited that the tooth fairy may bring her something.

I'm sad though. I remember that tooth coming in. I remember seeing the white beneath the gums of my infant daughter and thinking that it happened too soon. And now a little less than 5 years later, she is looking to lose that first tooth and I'm still thinking its too soon.

She is happy though, and excited about the whole thing, so I will follow that enthusiasm and try not to shed any tears when it does actually come out.

Perhaps she can share some of her enthusiasm with the Blue Jays. They got walloped last night in game four of the best of 7 series. Their backs are against the wall now, and while one should never say never in sports I suspect there may be a whole lot of sad Canadians in the next few days as our only team loses its chance to get in the world series again.

Christmas is about 2 months away and that is a bid sad. 

Other than those things, which in the grand scheme of things are not really all that sad, life is pretty good overall.


Til next time…may the tooth fairy leave good things at your house...

No comments:

Post a Comment