Friday 21 March 2014

One of those days


Have you ever had one of those days?

Not a bad day, not a good day, not even a day where you weren't feeling well. Not a day where you were pissed at the world. Not a day where the world was pissed at you.

But a day where every single little thing that happened, you found annoying?

Everything that was said or done or whatever occurred you found batshit irritating?

I had one yesterday. It really tested my patience.

Every single thing annoyed me.

The way the sun catchers rattled on the door. The way my car is always covered in salt and dirt these days. The way my pants fit. The way people drove. The way the dog wouldn't go pee when we were getting ready to leave for the day.

Everything grated on me the wrong way. It was one of those days, that I think if I suffered from migraines, I would have a had a doozy coming on.

Miss K asks about 300 questions a day, sometimes more, yesterday I actually asked her to stop asking questions because it was getting to me.

I always encourage questions, one because I always like enriching her life and filling her head with knowledge. And I like the questions because its funny how a little kids head works at times.

But i couldn't take it anymore yesterday. Enough was enough and I actually asked her to stop asking so many questions. This of course was followed with a "Why?" but I sort of asked for that.

My patience suffered greatly. I found just about everyone to be  annoying. It was a tough day. 

I wasn't angry with anything or anyone. It wasn't even a particularly bad day on any front. 

I tried not to be cranky or crusty. I tried to get past it all, but I couldn't shake it.

Even the fact that I couldn't get the blind in our bedroom to stay down threatened to send me over the edge.

Any more little tiny annoying things and I thought my head might just explode. I think I must have reached my annoyance limit and yesterday triggered a reset.

Today I feel pretty good. No major issues. No irritating occurrences as of yet.

I'm sure we've all been there but it was all day long, all stinking day…that I had no patience and my irritability was running on high

Oh well, today is another day, Friday, sunny, looking much more rosy than yesterday at least

Til next time…may the little things not piss you off

No comments:

Post a Comment