Friday 13 September 2013

Things are changing??


I wasn't sure what I was going to write about today. I think the topic is going to be "change". Not loose change you find in your pocket, which is awesomely cool and definitely worth mentioning, but rather change as in something different.

The weather this week is something different every day let me tell you. Tuesday we broke record highs all over the place with it feeling like 40+ degrees Celsius. About 105 Fahrenheit for the old schoolers out there. Today its about 14°C or 55°F for a high. Today is Friday people. We went from sit by the pool and sweat your ass off weather to OMG better put on a jacket weather in less than 3 days.

We had the awesome thunderstorms to prove it. Fantastic light show, hail, wind, some funnel cloud spotting. Miss K wanting to change spots with me at the dinner table so she could watch the hail on the deck!

Pretty volatile and incredible, but changeable weather in September in this part of the country is nothing all that new. 

There's no change in the day job which on one hand is a good thing. Job security is a wonderful thing.

But no change on the side of there being no work, well that's another thing entirely. I'm about ready to put needles in my eyes I am so bored.

I like to work at a pace that puts many in the dust. I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm not trying to show anybody up. That's just who I am. I work quickly, efficiently and I stick with it. I get in a zone and stay there for the most part.

But, we're nowhere even close to having enough to do to reach a "zone" Hell, we're not even close to a district/province or territory let alone a "zone". It's awful, I know it will pick up, but I hope to God it's not after there's been lay offs or downsizing. We've got the dept. set with a good number of people and it feels like family so we don't want that to change.

At home no big changes with Miss K. She's testing with the back talk or attitude thing right now, which I tend to ignore, but it does get annoying at times. 

Big C goes crazy when she does it, he tries to ignore it too, but doesn't always do too well, which he's trying to change.

Miss K is getting tall and changing into more of a little girl than toddler or preschooler. Size 4T pants seem like they may not make it through the winter she's getting so tall. 

We're still searching for another house to live. And we're still not getting anywhere with it. Big C has one that he kinda likes, but we're still way off in price. As in we can't afford anything close to what they are asking. Always seems we've got champagne taste and a beer budget.

Plus, all I see are $ signs for stuff we have to change if we moved in there. I'd pay that kind of money if it was perfect from the start but not when there's 25 grand in reno's or additions to do.

So, we still keep looking, with the change being that we actually might find something!

Soon it will be time to change the clocks, turning them back to standard time, which means it will be dark even earlier now…yuck.

Change is inevitable, be the change you want to be in the world, things never change, the sayings and clichés go on and on

For me, I'd just like to find some spare change…till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment